The Palisades Charter Schools Foundation (PCSF) was founded in 1988 by two local parents, Karen Stone and Pam Bruns. The purpose of the foundation is to serve as a centralized source, providing information for parents, students and the community about what is happening at the schools, as well as what they can do to help.
All complex schools have a governance council. This council sets policy, oversees budget, instructional policy, staffing and professional development. It also oversees school facilities, safety, outreach and parent involvement. Governance council meetings are open to all parents and the public. Please contact a school to find out specific dates.
Board Chair: Mark Snyder, EdD, Education
Vice Chair: Kathleen Hall Goldner, Realtor
Robert Resnick, Attorney/Developer
Maureen McGee, Conservator of Artworks
Rachel Lerner, Real Estate Developer
Paula Leonhauser, MFT, Educational Consultant
Yvette Richardson, Nutritionist
Sue Pascoe, Journalist
Donna Ashley, Parent
Sharon Pregerson, College Advisor
Suzanne Boone, Parent
- To provide visionary, educational leadership
- Support public schools in their efforts to become autonomous learning communities
- Encourage creativity in the classroom
- Provide resources to create classrooms for the twenty-first century
- Encourage professional best practices
- Encourage and support distinguished educational programs
- Foster school and community partnerships
- Lori Petrick Educator Awards! Recognizing teacher excellence with a monetary award.
Please click here to read about our current winners and apply!
- Sponsor articulation programs that bridge one school to the next
- Through a coordinating council, support parents, teachers and students
- Provide both hardware and software computer technology to schools, as well as maintenance and professional development training
- Pay for buses and speakers
- Paid for and conducted three workshops in conjunction with the charter renewal process.
- Paid for one day workshop to help schools write California Distinguished School grant. Palisades Elementary subsequently received the award. Marquez Elementary received an honorable mention.
- Paid for two videos to support the schools in both their charter renewal and in fundraising.
- American Legion - Palisades Post
- Palisades Jr. Women's Club
- Riviera Masons
- Coldwell Banker - Brentwood Office