Palisades Charter High School
15777 Bowdoin Street
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Executive Director: Amy Held
Who We Are
Enrollment: 2,742 Students in Grades 9-12
2009 API: 818 Similar Schools Rank: 8
A 2005 California Distinguished School, Palisades Charter High School is a financially independent, comprehensive four-year high school chartered by the LAUSD. Opened in 1961, Pali’s clean, well-maintained 30-acre campus with a glimpse of the ocean is nestled in a canyon at the foot of the Santa Monica Mountains in the Pacific Palisades section of Los Angeles, at the western edge of the city. With its conversion to fiscally independent charter status in 2003, Pali acquired the flexibility and autonomy to support student success, create innovative instructional programs, and harness the creative energies of the staff, parents, and community. By determining its own finances, personnel, and curriculum, Palisades is better able to put into practice the vision, leadership, and standards demanded of an excellent high school.
What Makes Us Unique
• A diverse, multi-cultural, multi-ethnic student body representing over 100 zip codes throughout Los Angeles.
• Experienced staff of caring professionals.
• Over 95% of graduates go on to attend 2 and 4-year colleges and universities.
• A block schedule of 100-minute class periods, alternating three courses per day.
• 9th grade Small Learning Communities, known as POD’s..
• An excellent, dedicated College Center.
• A broad array of course offerings, including 21 AP and over 20 Honors classes.
• Active parent participation through our Pali Booster Club and our PTSA, as members of Board of Trustees and a variety of Standing Committees.
• Award-winning Arts and Drama Programs.
• Award-winning Journalism program, including the student newspaper, “The Tideline.”
• Fine athletic facilities, including an artificial turf stadium with rubberized track, new Maggie Gilbert Aquatic Center, and beautifully maintained baseball field.
• Over 100 student clubs and activities.
ALL prospective students MUST apply for admissions. Admission is granted based on priority: 1) Residents of Pacific Palisades, Topanga, and parts of Brentwood, 2) Siblings and Family Members of Staff, 3) Students from Paul Revere who matriculated through the complex, 4) All Other Revere students, 5) All Other Applicants. As priority students fill spaces, remaining applicants will be accepted via lottery. Prospective families are invited to tour the high school. Tours are conducted every other Wednesday at 8:00. Visit the school website for tour dates.
There are no upcoming events currently scheduled.View Full Calendar
Support Great Schools! Please Donate Now to the Palisades Charter Schools Foundation!