Paul Revere Charter Middle School
Math, Science & Technology Magnet
1450 Allenford Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Principal: Fern Somoza
Who We Are
Enrollment: 2,034 Students in Grades 6-8
2009 API: 848 Similar Schools Rank: 8
A 2003 California Distinguished School, Revere Charter Middle School offers a diverse student population and a caring faculty and administration, dedicated to ensuring that every child receives the best possible education in a balanced social and intellectual environment conducive to learning. Revere’s 6th grade is a “cored program,” where students are assigned two teachers (one for Math/Science, the other History/Language Arts) who work together to coordinate curriculum and transition students into middle school. Revere also offers highly gifted and honors programs for eligible students.
What Makes Us Unique
• A Math, Science, Technology Magnet program.
• Active parent participation through our Booster Club, PRIDE, and our PTSA.
• Outstanding, award-winning choral and instrumental music programs.
• A horticulture program, growing ground, and student-maintained animal farm.
• A comprehensive Library program, run by and for students.
• An active “Council” communications program that fosters listening and mutual respect.
• An award-winning PE Department.
• An excellent, bi-monthly student newspaper, The Town Crier.
• A comprehensive, after-school program, PEP, administered by Revere teachers, including both athletics and course offerings.
• The Revere Literary Anthology – a compilation of student literary work published every year and presented through a Young Authors’ Evening.
• A variety of lunch clubs geared toward student interests, including tennis, ping pong, Hebrew, Movie/Screenwriting, and many others.
• Two completely outfitted computer labs.
• Apple computer pilot program in each core discipline.
Students matriculating from any of the five complex elementary schools, living within the residential communities, or who are siblings of current students are automatically admitted. All others must complete a charter application and will be enrolled via lottery. Magnet, PWT, and Public School Choice students must apply via the LAUSD Choices Brochure. Prospective families may tour the school. Please contact the Main Office or visit the website for further information.
There are no upcoming events currently scheduled.View Full Calendar
Support Great Schools! Please Donate Now to the Palisades Charter Schools Foundation!