Palisades Charter Elementary School
800 Via De La Paz
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Principal: Joan Ingle
Who We Are
Enrollment: 430 Students in Grades K-5
2009 API: 928 Statewide Rank: 10
A 2006 California Distinguished School, Palisades Charter Elementary School is dedicated to academic excellence, appreciation of the arts, and the promotion of positive social awareness. The school, located in the heart of the Palisades community, is built in a beautiful, traditional Spanish-style architecture, reflective of Los Angeles’ early history. Palisades Charter Elementary’s curriculum emphasizes the study of the arts as an important part of a complete education. The arts engage students in individual and group activities, develop creativity, problem solving, and critical evaluative skills.
What Makes Us Unique
• TRIBES, a democratic group process emphasizing listening and mutual respect to develop a positive environment that promotes learning and human growth.
• Active parent participation through the PEP Booster Club, helping in the classroom, and by organizing school-wide events and activities.
• A comprehensive Arts program, including the Art Cadre, where an artist works once a month with grades 1-3 on a special project and Art Matters, a curriculum specially designed for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades.
• The Discovery Garden, a “natural” classroom, used for exploring math, life science, and social studies through hands-on lessons.
• The Green Team, helping our kids learn the importance of recycling and many other environmental lessons.
• Olympic Day, an annual event that promotes physical fitness through participation in a variety of athletic activities.
Palisades Charter School, as a neighborhood school, gives first priority in admission to students who live in its attendance area but also provides for the education of non-neighborhood students who wish to attend based on the District’s Desegregation or Integration policy. To enroll, families must provide verification of date of birth, residence and immunizations. Campus tours are conducted monthly. Please contact the front office for more information.
There are no upcoming events currently scheduled.View Full Calendar
Support Great Schools! Please Donate Now to the Palisades Charter Schools Foundation!