Kenter Canyon Charter Elementary School
645 North Kenter Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Principal: Dr. Terry Moren
Who We Are
Enrollment: 510 Students in Grades K-5
2009 API: 947 Statewide Rank: 10
Kenter Canyon Charter Elementary’s focus as a school community is to improve student achievement and character building for all learners. The school’s vision is to ensure a positive learning environment that teaches children how to be safe, respectful, and responsible citizens, as well as thinkers, discoverers, and inquirers. As a School for Advanced Studies we offer a comprehensive program that enhances student learning through the integration of technology and enrichment programs. The results of standardized test scores ranks Kenter as one of the highest performing schools within the LAUSD.
What Makes Us Unique
• A comprehensive enrichment program that incorporates Art, Choral and Instrumental Music, PE, Science and Technology.
• Active parent participation through the Parent Support Group and by serving on the Kenter Governing Board.
• Technology-assisted instruction that includes a variety of projects and applications, with emphasis on basic computer skills in grades K-2, expanding to programming and game creation in grades 3-5.
• A beautiful, comprehensive state-of-the-art Library Media Center
• An annual Math Field Day, a mini-decathlon, for grades 4-5 that emphasizes independent and team problem-solving.
All students who reside within the Kenter Canyon Charter School boundaries will be admitted to the school. Registration packets are available beginning in March with proof of residency. Non-residents can apply in February or March for a lottery to fill available seats. To enroll, families must provide verification of date of birth, residence and immunizations.
There are no upcoming events currently scheduled.View Full Calendar
Support Great Schools! Please Donate Now to the Palisades Charter Schools Foundation!